#NewYear I would love to see a more #sustainable, #healthy, #green and #happy world with an abundance of #clean #pure #water. To oppose water fluoridation is to take one step forward in the direction of a healthier world in 2015.
Water fluoridation is the process of adding the chemical fluoride to public water supplies. Fluoride has been added to public drinking systems since the 1940s in the United States. Two-thirds of Americans have fluoridated public water, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Ever wonder where the fluoride comes from? The fluoride that is added to our public water supplies comes from silicofluorides, which are chemicals produced as byproducts from the manufacturing of phosphate fertilizers. Water fluoridation recently has come under much scrutiny and controversy. Supporters argue that the process is safe and effective for reducing cavities, while opposers argue the ethical concerns of mass medication without the consent of its subjects, and the association with negative health effects such as bone and brain damage.
This is why I oppose water fluoridation:
- The amount of fluoride each individual receives in his or her drinking water differs, because once fluoride is put in the water systems it is impossible to control the dose.
- This form of mass medication is being given to individuals without consent or knowledge.
- Studies have shown that low levels of fluoride consumption have been linked to bone fractures, thyroid disorders and impaired brain development and function.
- Fluoride toxicity can lead to many health complications including:
- Thyroid disease
- Genetic damage and cell death
- Bone cancer (ostesosarcoma)
- Increased tumor and cancer rate
- Disrupted immune system
- Muscle disorders
- Bone fractures
- Inhibited formation of antibodies
- Damaged sperm and increased infertility
5. Fluoride has been tested and linked to damaging the brain, according to the National Research Council. Fluoride has been listed among 100 chemicals for which there is “substantial evidence of developmental neurotoxicity.”
6. Studies have reported an association between fluoride exposure and reduced IQ. Even moderate levels of fluoride exposure (.9 ppm in water) can cause neurological defects.
7. A U.S. government-funded animal study found a dose-dependent increase in bone cancer (osteosarcoma) in fluoride-treated, male rats. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) found an even higher rate of osteosarcoma (a bone cancer) in young men in fluoridated versus unfluoridated areas (Hoover et al 1991a).
8. Fluoride may cause reproductive problems. Animal studies have shown that fluoride damages sperm count and increases the rate of infertility.
9. The chemicals used to fluoridate water are not pharmaceutical grade, but rather they come from the phosphate fertilizer industry. The chemicals consist of sodium fluorosilicate and fluorosilicic acid, which are classified as hazardous wastes. There are high levels of arsenic in these chemicals, which is a known human carcinogen that increases cancer rates.
10. Do you support or oppose water fluoridation? Join the fight to end water fluoridation today. Check out http://fluoridealert.org/ for more fluoride facts and find out how you can help better our world.
Have you considered atmospheric water generation to take control of your drinking water needs? You can make your own water from the air. Atmospheric water generators produce the purest water on the Earth, free of fluoride, contaminants, heavy metals, carcinogens and other contaminants. Check out http://atmosphericwatersolutions.com/ for the machine that best suits your needs.
I would like to wish you a happy New Year, and an even healthier one than the last!